Saturday, October 27, 2012

Home, Sweet Home

A little peek at my Friday night hangout (at least for this Friday).

My computer is just about as vintage as the rest of my stuff.

Sometimes, I just don't feel up to going out on Friday night. I'd rather organize papers, play on Pinterest, and catch up on my favorite blogs. Sometimes, I'd rather hang out with my computer than round up my friends, 'though I love them dearly. Most of the time, I would much rather read a good book than put effort into dating. And, yet, I wonder at my singleness...

Tonight is one of those nights when I just feel like spending time with me. Maybe next Friday I'll head out on an adventure, but for tonight, this ultra-cold and gloomy night, it's enough that I worked on an art project. I re-learned an old fiber technique, while half-listening to fictional cop shows on tv. 

My sister and her friend are going to spend the night tomorrow night. That, of course, led to some serious binge cleaning earlier this evening. Now, the bathroom, kitchen and living living room are acceptable. I am particularly proud of the state of my pantry. I still have to deal with my bedroom, but it's grown late quickly. That mess will have to wait until tomorrow. For now, it's time for hard licorice, tea and me.

It amazes me; now that I'm an adult, having Friday night all to myself is such a luxury. 

How do you like to spend your Friday nights when you have no plans whatsoever?

Alison :)



No comments:

Post a Comment