Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quote of the Moment, No. 7 - Creating Yourself


My friend Chalanna gave me the card above in honor of my birthday. I L.O.V.E. the sentiment and wanted to share it with you all. I am often trying to figure out, not who I am, but what I want to do with all the talents, interests and skills I possess, so this card is entirely appropriaate. Life can seem pretty well set sometimes. It can be hard to remember that all the little things we do now add up to major changes in our lives later. In two years or ten, we may create for ourselves vastly different realities than the ones we are living today. Today, instead of worrying about what we haven't yet achieved, let's consider what we are currently doing to better ourselves and our lives.

For example, I began working on a new art project (which is nearly finished!) that will hopefully epitomize one of my favorite styles in which to work; Chalanna got a new job in her field (long overdue and much deserved); my sister Lisa tried out for a set of plays taking place this summer (and the producers pronounced her vocals "beautiful"); and my friends Brooke and  D.J. started their own businesses (fine art and jewelry, respectively). Kudos to these girls for spreading authentic beauty throughout this world. I am sure a lot of you are working toward exciting goals. Tell me, what are you doing to create the newest manifestation of you.

XOXO,

Alison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment